Do you need a new mattress?
At the Sleep Shop we believe the foundation to great night’s sleep is the correct mattress and pillow. It is the difference between a restorative night’s sleep and poor quality sleep that leads to tiredness and fatigue.
Finding the right mattress is so important – because we spend so much of our lives sleeping, having a comfortable and supportive mattress is key
Your mattress won’t last for ever; even if it looks alright it may not be providing the right support or comfort you need. Even if someone’s mattress has served them well, there comes a moment when it’s time to move on.
So, let’s talk about how people know that their mattress has run its course –
The life span of your mattress will vary depending on the quality and how you care for it. Here are few 5 things to consider when deciding if you need a new mattress.
- Have you had your mattress for 8 years or more? - The average mattress lasts between seven and 10 years – if it has been over 10 years since you have purchased your current mattress, it’s probably time for an upgrade.
- Have you had a better night’s sleep elsewhere? - You might want to replace your mattress if you notice that you sleep much better on a different mattress. For example - if you wake up with a stuffed-up nose or a bit sore, and then you sleep in a hotel and wake up with none of those problems, well, this could mean your mattress is the cause of your problems.
- Do you wake with aches and pains? - If you're waking up in the morning with serious pain, this could be a sign your mattress is not as comfortable or supportive as it used to be. You could be experiencing pain in your shoulders and hips because the mattress is not relieving pressure on those areas. Morning pain is not something to just get used to and can lead to further issues.
- Is your mattress showing signs of wear and tear or sagging? - If a mattress is starting to wear and tear, it’s an obvious sign that someone might need a new mattress. Sagging can also occur when the coils in a mattress start to weaken or the memory foam begins to lose its shape. One can partly tell that a mattress is sagging if there is a noticeable body impression in the mattress
- Allergies. You you someone who wakes up every morning with watery eyes, a runny nose, and a headache? The allergens in the mattress might be causing this. When mold, mildew, and dust invade a mattress, they might make issues with allergies worse. There are some materials that can help prevent the buildup of allergens, so allergy sufferers may want to look for these particular materials when purchasing a new mattress.
If you are answering yes to one or more of these questions, it’s time to change your mattress. Try not to wait till your mattress is completely worn out.Research has shown sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress could rob you of up to an hours sleep a night.
Why not go on line at www.thesleepshop.ie and save yourself some money now.
We offer Free contactless delivery throughout Ireland and Europe(European sizes available)