At The Sleep Shop we believe that to live well you must sleep well first.
During the month of September our blogs will contain usefull information on how to help you sleep better. Here are some useful tips on how to create the perfectsleep environment.
1. Room temperature is vitally important, ideally not too cold or
too warm, between 16c-18c is ideal.
2. A tidy room means a tidy mind. De-cluttering your room, leaving
it nice and clean helps you relax at bedtime.
3. When decorating avoid using bright stimulating colours, softer
tones are better and easier on the eye.
4. Light pollution is a huge issue, try black out blinds or even a sleep
mask to insure darkness in your room, enabling a better night’s
5. Your bedroom is for sleeping in; don’t let it become an extension
of your office.
6. Tempting as is it to catch up on the latest box set, say no to
technology in the bedroom.
7. Blue light is another big issue; leave your phone, tablet and
laptop outside your bedroom. Turn off 90 minutes before going to
sleep. If you do have to work or study, try using blue block glasses.
8. Decorate your bedroom with family photos that make you feel
good helping you to relax.
9. Plants like a Spider plant or English ivy is easy to keep and acts as
an air purifier helping you sleep better.
10. Certain smells can help you relax. Lavender and germanium are
ideal for making you relax before sleep.
At the Sleep we also believe the foundation to a great’s night’s
sleep is the correct mattress and pillow. How old are yours? Are
they still giving the right support? If not why not calls in store
today, mention this blog and get 10% off. T/C apply.
Because Sleep matters