Struggling to Sleep.
Finding it hard to fall asleep? If so one of the things to consider is improving your bedroom.
Many of us are unaware that our surroundings can and will affect the way we sleep.
To maximize your night’s sleep you need to have the right setting.
Here are some useful tips to help you turn your bedroom in to a tranquil, relaxing environment.
- De Clutter your room. A tidy room means a tidy mind.
- Room temperature is very important. It shouldn’t be too hot or too cold. Ideal temperature is 16-18 degrees(60-65f)
- Avoid using bright or stimulating colours when decorating. Softer colours will make you feel calm.
- Keeping your room dark and cool will help improve your night’s sleep. Black out blinds will prevent any natural daylight form disrupting your sleep.
- Say no to technology in the bedroom. Blue light is one of the biggest sleep disruptors. Keep mobile phones, tablets, laptops and other such devices out of the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be for sleep and sleep only. Avoid treating it like an extension of your office.
- Plants are a great idea for improving the air within your bedroom. Such plants like the English Ivy or the Mother in laws tongue are easy to keep with huge health benefits.
- Certain smells can have a calming effect. Lavender and germanium are ideal for making you relax before sleep. We also stock Lavender and germanium candles and pillow spray helping you to drift off to sleep.
- Pillows and mattresses should complement each other to maintain the natural alignment of the spine. This is important to prevent neck pain, back and in some cases headaches.
We believe the foundation to a great night’s sleep is the correct mattress and pillow. How old is yours? And is it offering the support and comfort you deserve.
Why not visit our website to learn more about sleep and the products we sell.
Because Sleep Matters